Brown Rice Flour
Brown Rice Flour is 100% stone ground from the highest quality whole grain brown rice and has a mild, nutty flavour. Use this versatile gluten-free flour as breading, for thickening sauces and gravies, and in gluten-free baking recipes like brown rice flour pancakes, muffins and gluten-free bread.
Brown Rice Flour Benefits:
- May Reduce the Onset of Heart Disease
- Promotes Healthy Digestion
- Helps in Weight Maintenance
- Provides a Gluten-Free Alternative
Brown Rice Flour Recipes:
Try this yummy bread recipe which is free of gluten.
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup and 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon egg whites
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup canola oil, ¼ cup honey
- 1 ½ cups warm skim milk
- 1 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon xanthan gum
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup garbanzo bean flour, ¼ cup millet flour
- 1 cup white rice flour, 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select cycle; press Start. Five minutes into the cycle, check the consistency of the dough. Add additional rice flour or liquid if necessary.
When the bread is finished, let cool for 10 to 15 minutes before removing it from the pan.
Try the ever-popular south-Indian dosas made with brown rice flour for a change.
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 red onion, finely chopped, 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped, ¼ teaspoon white sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons whole mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger, 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Stir the brown rice and whole wheat flour together in a mixing bowl. Stir in the water to make a thin batter. Add the onion, garlic, cilantro, sugar, turmeric, cumin, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, coriander, ginger, cayenne pepper and rice vinegar until evenly blended. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour, or overnight.
To cook the dosas, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the skillet, spreading it over the bottom in a thin layer. Cook 1 minute, turn and cook 1 minute more. Remove from the pan. Repeat with remaining batter.
Shipping cost is based on weight. Just add products to your cart and use the Shipping Calculator to see the shipping price.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.