Desiccated coconut is dried out and grated coconut flesh or ‘meat’, as it is known in the food industry.
Desiccated coconut is made by grating the white, mature coconut flesh finely, before drying out in hot air at about 55°c.
It retains about 3% of the coconut’s moisture but is dry to the touch and taste.
Culinary Uses Desiccated coconut can be used as an ingredient in savoury and sweet recipes both to impart a coconut flavour and texture and as a topping or coating. Dried coconut is delicious eaten by itself as a snack, added to hot or cold cereal, and as an addition to baked goods.
Note: We make fresh Desiccated coconut to order only.
We use only the top white layer of Fresh coconut and hand-grated. It is then dehydrated packed and sealed. So what you get is a fresh supply of grated coconut every time you order.
Desiccated Coconut Uses:
- Desiccated coconut can be used as an ingredient in savoury and sweet recipes both to impart a coconut flavour and texture and as a topping or coating.
- Dried coconut is delicious eaten by itself as a snack, added to hot or cold cereal and as an addition to baked goods.
- It can also be used in smoothies, sprinkled on salads, or stirred into sautéed vegetables. It is also a common ingredient in Thai and Indian dishes.
- Desiccated or flaked coconut can be added to muesli, cookies, cereal breakfast.
- Desserts can be emphasized with the use of sweetened desiccated coconut. It can be stirred into cakes, pies, and cookies for a hint of tropical flavour.
Desiccated Coconut Benefits:
- Packed with Dietary Fibre for Weight Loss
- High Iron Content Can Help to Prevent Anaemia
- Amazing Osteoporosis & Arthritis Preventative
- Rich Source of Several Minerals which aren’t always the Easiest to Consume
Desiccated Coconut Recipes:
No-Bake Coconut and Date Balls
No-bake coconut balls contain just two ingredients and they are super healthy. Pop them into lunch boxes, snack on them after exercise and use them to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Raspberry Coconut Cupcakes
These cupcakes are sweet little morsels of deliciousness - and you won’t believe they’re so low in sugar.
They‘re packed full of wholemeal and nutrient-dense ingredients and, with or without the raspberry coconut cream, they’ll make a great treat for birthday parties, morning tea and lunch boxes.
Shipping cost is based on weight. Just add products to your cart and use the Shipping Calculator to see the shipping price.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.