Jowar ( (Jowar ka Atta / Sorghum Flour / Jola Flour) flour is made by grinding small round grains of Jowar (white millet). When the Jowar is ripe and ready to be harvested, the plants are cut and tied in bundles and allowed to dry.
The bundles are threshed to separate the grains. The grains are then cleaned, washed, dried and then processed into flour.
Note: We prepare fresh Flour only on order.
Jowar Flour Benefits:
Gluten-free: Jowar is a great alternative if you suffer from bloating, stomach pain and cramps.
Rich in Fibre: compared to other grains like barley or rice, Jowar contains a higher concentration of fibre.
Controls Blood Sugar Levels: since Jowar is a complex carb, it digests slowly and leads to stable blood sugar levels.
Packed with Vitamins, Minerals, and Micronutrients: Jowar contains traces of zinc, copper, over 20 micronutrients and high levels of antioxidants.
Jowar Flour Recipes:
Coriander Jowar Roti
- 1 cup Jowar flour
- 3/4 cup hot water
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chilli
- ¼ tsp ajwain
- Salt as required
- Ghee as required
- In a bowl take jowar flour, add all other ingredients and mix ¾ cup of hot water and knead well to make a smooth dough.
- Make a small size dough ball, pat and flatten with the help of palm and finger, pat gently to get a round shape.
- Dust with jowar flour if needed and pat as thin as possible. Lift the roti gently with a spatula and place it on a hot tawa with the flour side facing you.
- Sprinkle some water all over the roti with your fingers and allow the base to cook for a few minutes and then flip jowar roti and allow the watered side to cook well until brown spots appear.
- Gently press the roti and cook all sides well.
- Add a drop of ghee while serving and relish the roti with garlic, onion chutney.
Shipping cost is based on weight. Just add products to your cart and use the Shipping Calculator to see the shipping price.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.