Emmer wheat Flour
Emmer wheat or hulled wheat is a type of awned wheat. ... Along with einkorn wheat, emmerwas one of the first crops domesticated in the Near East. It was widely cultivated in the ancient world. Emmer wheat is rich in niacin of Vitamin B3, which is great for your heart and cholesterol levels.
It makes, as I mentioned, a great salad grain and can be used to make bread or pasta. It is also delicious in soups
The Emmer flour is wonderful in denser baked goods s. It is a soft flour, low in gluten with a very mild flavour.
Emmer Wheat Uses:
Emmer wheat is a healthier choice for regular wheat flour as it contains more nutrition, fibre, protein and a low GI index.
Emmer Wheat Flour (Khapli Atta) is used to make:
- Healthy replacement of regular wheat flour
Emmer Wheat Benefits:
- Low-Glycemic Index
- Rich In Fiber
- Diabetes control
- Easy To Digest
- Rich in vitamins & minerals
Emmer Wheat Recipes:
Khapli Wheat Breakfast Cereal
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coarsely ground emmer wheat
Bring water to boil, stir in emmer, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add milk, honey and enjoy!
Emmer Wheat Banana Bread
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Grind emmer wheat into 1 2/3 cups whole wheat flour.
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Lightly grease an 8 ½ inch x 4 ½ inch loaf pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place egg, butter, milk, bananas, and vanilla into a blender in the order listed.
- Blend until everything is mixed well.
- In a large-size mixing bowl, combine the baking powder, sugar and whole wheat flour by hand, stir well.
- Pour banana mixture into the bowl containing the dry ingredients.
- Mix by hand until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not overmix!
- Gently stir chopped nuts into batter.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes, then carefully remove the loaf pan and allow to cool completely before slicing.