Zucchini is a squash, that is green in colour and grown locally all summer long.
Zucchini serves as a great source of vitamin C and manganese, making it the perfect addition to your meals in a variety of ways.
Green Zucchini or Green Squash can be served raw or cooked and can be steamed, boiled, grilled, baked, barbecued or fried. They can be even used in baked bread or sliced thin to be used in place of noodles.
Green Zucchini Benefits:
- Contributes to Healthy Digestion
- May Reduce Blood Sugar Levels
- May Improve Heart Health
- May Strengthen Your Vision
- May Aid Weight Loss
- Keeps Thyroid hormone levels stable
Green Zucchini Recipes:
Caprese Zucchini Noodle Salad
- 3 large zucchinis, peel them down into thin slices
- 1 cup of mozzarella balls
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped basil
Mix zucchini, olive oil, salt and pepper (to taste), and quick chill for 15 minutes; then toss in tomatoes, and basil. Finish the mixture off with drizzles of balsamic.
Fried Zucchini Coins:
- Take 3-4 medium-size green squashes and slice them into coins, not too thin!
- Coat the coins in flour, egg wash, and your choice of breadcrumbs (panko is most common, although we suggest Italian breadcrumbs!).
- In a large skillet on medium heat, add about 1/4 cup of vegetable oil, and wait until the skillet is warm but not super sizzling.
- Individually brown the coins on each size, until they crips while being careful not to burn. Serve with ranch or warm marinara sauce.
Shipping cost is based on weight. Just add products to your cart and use the Shipping Calculator to see the shipping price.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.